Monday, February 8, 2010

Animal Rights.

(http://www.furisdead.com/images/danitykane-ad-lg.jpg)
I'd rather go Naked, than wear fur.

Yes, i'd rather go naked than wear fur.



I started hearing about animal rights when i was about 12 or maybe 13 years old. I found that out when my mother told me about a crocodile skin handbag. I first thought that it was the name of a handbag, later i found out that it was made of real crocodile skin!
How is that even possible i wonder? And snake skin, i have always thought that it was not really snake skin, i thought it was somehow rather man made. But indeed, there are some people in this world who uses snake skin for their products. The things they do to sell their products!
Slowly in my high school i would occasionally hear my teacher talk about animal rights. How they torture these animals for human's own benefit. How cruel are these people?
Don't they have a heart?
I wonder what goes through their mind, and if their heart were filled with any guilt when they kill those poor animals.
I only know that only selfish people would do these kinds of things.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animal or PETA is an organization that benefits animal and at the same time keeping environment and eco system in balance. It is the largest Animal Rights organization in the world.
This organization is the main protector of Animal Rights and till this date has conducted massive, uncounted campaigns to stop any animal slaughtering, torturing and such.
One of their campaigns that touched me the most is the 'I'd rather go Naked than wear Fur' campaign.
I saw the advertisement, and what they did to these animals. Some were my favorite animal - siberian huskies.
And i watch as they kill them mercilessly, as if these animal were born for their own purpose!
PETA did a campaign where they use famous artiste as their 'voice' to speak out to the world.
It was a huge success, and 2009 was certainly a great year for all their efforts!
Thousands of viewers reeled in and helped out the campaign, and as far as i am concerned, the issue has drastically subsided.
I hope that tomorrow will be a better day and place for the poor animals. I truly feel that this animal slaughtering should be stopped.

'Animal may not speak our language, but they have a voice in them that they are trying to reach out to us. '

Much love,
Deanna.




No comments:

Post a Comment